Enterprise System Catalog Statement (SB 272)
Disclosure of Enterprise System Information Pursuant to SB 272 / Government Code 6270.5
Approved on October 11, 2015, SB 272 adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring state and most local government agencies to create a Catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016, with annual updates.
Enterprise System Definition
An Enterprise System, as defined by Senate Bill 272, is a software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges, and analyzes information an agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public.
- A system that serves as a “system of record” or an original source of data within an agency.
An Enterprise System does not include any of the following:
- Information technology security systems, including firewalls and other cybersecurity systems.
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring, and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas, or water or sewer functions.
- Systems related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services.
- Systems that would be restricted from disclosure pursuant to Government Code Section 6254.19.
- The specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges, or analyzes.
- Create a catalog of enterprise systems, containing:
- Current system vendor
- Current system product
- System’s purpose
- A description of categories or types of data
- The department that is the prime custodian of the data
- The frequency that system data is collected
- The frequency that system data is updated
- To make the catalog publicly available upon request.
- To post the catalog in a prominent location on the agency’s website.
If the public interest served by not disclosing the information described clearly outweighs the public interest served by disclosure, the local agency may instead provide a system name, brief title or identifier of the system.
Emerald Bay Service District
Catalog of Enterprise Systems
Pursuant to Government Code 6270.5
|Vendor||Product||Purpose||Description of Data||Department/Custodian||Frequency Collected||Frequency Updated|
|Microsoft||Office 365||E-mail software||General Manager||Daily or as-used||Daily or as-used|
|Microsoft||Office 365||General documentation||Word processing, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, etc.||General Manager||Daily or as-used||Daily or as-used|